Ineligible for Placement on the Waiting List
- If the Owner determines from the information provided that a family is ineligible, the family will not be placed on the waiting list.
- When a family is determined to be ineligible, the Owner will send written notification of the ineligibility determination within ten (10) business days of receipt of the completed application and all required documentation.
- The notice will specify the reasons for ineligibility and will inform the family of its right to request an informal hearing and explain the process for doing so. Written notice will be sent to the applicant's mailing address, email address, and emergency contact address or email if provided.
Eligible for Placement on the Waiting List
- The Owner will send written notification of the preliminary eligibility determination within ten (10) business days of receiving a completed application and all required documentation.
- If applicable, the notice will also indicate the waiting list preference(s) for which the family appears to qualify.
- Applicants will be placed on the waiting list according to preference(s) and date and time their complete application is received. Placement on the waiting list does not indicate that the family is, in fact, eligible for admission.
- When the family is selected from the waiting list, the Owner will verify any preference(s) claimed and determine eligibility and suitability for admission to the program.
- If the Owner is unable to contact the applicant within ten (10) business days of being selected from the waiting list, the Owner will move to the next applicant.
- Once the applicant has expressed their intent to accept the unit, it will be held for three (3) business days before moving on to the next applicant.