Skip to Main Content

Portability (Moving Out of Wake County)

Porting OUT of Wake County

Start the Port Out Process:

Step 1: Put your request in writing (mail, email, fax) to your Portability Specialist. Provide a copy of the move-out notice between you and the landlord.

Step 2: Submit a completed "Portability Request Form" to your Housing Specialist. Port Out Form

Step 3: If your move is approved, your Housing Specialist will have a voucher for you to sign. The Portability Specialist will forward the paperwork to the receiving housing authority (this may take 5-10 business days).

Step 4: The Receiving Housing Authority will provide you with all necessary forms to finalize the transfer. Contact the receiving housing authority for questions related to their Portability move-in process.